[openstack-dev] [Solum] Command Line Interface for Solum

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Mon Nov 11 00:18:58 UTC 2013

Excerpts from Noorul Islam K M's message of 2013-11-10 07:15:34 -0800:

> Hello all,
>
> I registered a new blueprint [1] for command line client interface for
> Solum. We need to decide whether we should have a separate repository
> for this or go with new unified CLI framework [2]. Since Solum is not
> part of OpenStack I think it is not the right time to go with the
> unified CLI.

Solum will not be the last project that will want to eventually be part
of the openstack unified client, but must get through the governance
process first.

What about working out a plugin system for the openstack client? Then
all of the different clients become a plugin. Projects that are just
OpenStack related would need to have their plugins installed separately
but would work the same whether they've been integrated or are still
just related (or all the things in-between).