[openstack-dev] Hacking 0.8 Released

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 08:37:49 UTC 2013

Hi All,
I am happy to announce release[1] 0.8.0 of our style check tool, Hacking. It
has been loaded to pypy[2], added to global-requirements and Jenkins is now
pushing global requirements patches out to all the projects.

Changes:
* H601 => H903: H601 renamed H903
* H202: Covers more cases
* Fix regression that disabled any check that supports noqa: H231, H233,
H302, H303, H304, H501

New Rules:
* H234: assert(Not)Equals() is deprecated, use assertEqual instead.
* H235: assert_() is deprecated, use assertTrue instead

I would like to thank the following patch authors, (and all the reviewers)
for there contributions towards this release:
* Monty Taylor
* Dirk Mueller
* Julien Danjou
* Zhongyue Luo