[openstack-dev] Bad review patterns

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Fri Nov 8 08:26:08 UTC 2013

On 07/11/13 18:37, Pedro Roque Marques wrote:

[...]
> btw: this is not at all exclusive to OpenStack. The issues you have
> pointed out exist for instance in code reviews inside company's
> proprietary code bases when different teams are involved. I'm yet to
> see a perfect solution to the problem.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough on this. The patterns I listed are my own
mistakes, from a different project than OpenStack. I'm sharing them,
because I think they let me write better reviews. They are not specific
to OpenStack, in fact, they have nothing to do with OpenStack, although
in my two months in the project I have seen some of them appear. I am
well aware that there is no perfect solution, but I think that it's
always nice to share experiences and strive for improvement.

The fact that the project on which I learned didn't have as many
reviwers as OpenStack is probably the reason why I didn't notice the
problem with comment ownership. I added a section about that to the
wiki page.

--
Radomir Dopieralski