[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Contributing hardware to the TripleO CD cloud

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Nov 8 06:53:57 UTC 2013

Hi,
    over this week a number of organisations have expressed interest
in contributing to the TripleO CD cloud, to help OpenStack bare metal
testing, and testing of things that cannot run in nested environments
- some hypervisors, savannah etc.

I've drawn up a draft of whats involved in such a contribution -
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TripleO/TripleOCloud/Regions#Contributing_a_region_to_the_TripleOCloud
- it's subject to review based on your feedback etc, but I'm pretty
excited by this.

Please contact me (off-list (rbtcollins at hp.com) or on-list - up to
you) if you're interested in contributing a region.

We're not sure how large the cloud needs to be to test everything that
we need to test, but we are sure that it's not big enough yet -
testing just the gate for bare metal deployed KVM clouds would have
required 80 machines during the H release period : 20 patches landing
per hour, but re-tests when things failed in the gate means more like
40 runs per hour, 2 machines per run, an hour budget for bare metal
deployed runs.

Cheers,
Rob

--