[openstack-dev] nova-api fails to start

Krishanu Dhar rony.kris at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 18:07:24 UTC 2013

below is an error that's probably the cause...

2013-11-07 23:24:14.758 TRACE nova IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/etc/nova/api-paste.ini'
2013-11-07 23:24:14.758 TRACE nova
n-api failed to start

krish at krish-VirtualBox:/opt/stack/nova$ ls -l /etc/nova/api-paste.ini
-rw------- 1 nova nova 4260 Apr 23  2013 /etc/nova/api-paste.ini

isn't it expected to fail if the file is owned by "nova"... weird.

--
Krishanu