[openstack-dev] Facing issue in creating router in openstack dasboard

Kanika Saklani kanika.saklani11 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 10:44:59 UTC 2013

Hi All,

i am new to openstack. i installed the openstack in x86 for that  i do the
following step to download and  install the grizzly as follows:-

   -  $ wget
   https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/archive/stable/grizzly.zip
   -  $unzip grizzly.zip
   -  $cd devstack-stable-grizzly

in this directory devstack-stable-grizzly i made a localrc where i did the
following configuration:-

   -  $ vim localrc

*disable_service n-net
enable_service q-svc
enable_service q-dhcp
enable_service neutron
enable_service bigswitch_floodlight
Q_PLUGIN=bigswitch_floodlight
Q_USE_NAMESPACE=False
NOVA_USE_NEUTRON_API=v2
SCHEDULER=nova.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler
MYSQL_PASSWORD=<password>
RABBIT_PASSWORD=<password>
ADMIN_PASSWORD=<password>
SERVICE_PASSWORD=<password>
SERVICE_TOKEN=tokentoken
DEST=/opt/stack
SCREEN_LOGDIR=$DEST/logs/screen
SYSLOG=True
#IP:Port for the BSN controller
#if more than one, separate with commas
BS_FL_CONTROLLERS_PORT=<ip_address:port>
BS_FL_CONTROLLER_TIMEOUT=10*

Then after that i run the openvswitch-1.11.0 by this command:-

   -  $ cd openvswitch-1.11.0/utilitie
   -  $./ovs-ctl start

After that i run the following command in the directory devstack-stable-grizzly

   - $ ./stack.sh

then i get this message:-

*Horizon is now available at http://192.168.6.122/ <http://192.168.6.122/> *
*Keystone is serving at http://192.168.6.122:5000/v2.0/
<http://192.168.6.122:5000/v2.0/>*
*Examples on using novaclient command line is in exercise.sh*
*The default users are: admin and demo *
*The password: kanika *
*This is your host ip: 192.168.6.122 stack.sh completed in 490 seconds.*

i also get a login window of open stack then i login with admin &
password kanika.

As i see the demo of grizzly in youtube the link are
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4eW78gHfCg ) they are doing the
following steps:-

step1:- they have created the volume first of 5GB space i also did the same.

 i have attaching the screen shot for this

Step2:- then they have done the router configuration, here i got
stucked, I am unable to create router

I am attaching the screen shot for this as well

can you please look into my issue as suggest me how can i get out of this.

looking forward for your positive reply.

--
Regards
Kanika