[openstack-dev] Improvement of Cinder API wrt https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1213953

Caitlin Bestler caitlin.bestler at nexenta.com
Tue Nov 5 07:43:51 UTC 2013

Replication of snapshots is one solution to this.

You create a Cinder Volume once. snapshot it. Then replicate to the hosts
that need it (this is the piece currently missing). Then you clone there.

I will be giving an in an hour in conference session on this and other uses
of snapshots in the last time slot Wednesday.