[openstack-dev] baremetal provisioning

Ravikanth Samprathi rsamprat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 07:11:59 UTC 2013

Hi
I have noticed that if i generate a baremetal image of 8G, it takes around
20-25 minutes for the deployment.  And, the entire disk image is built in
the openstack server and then copied over. Isnt this a waste of time and
space?  Should the image with the 8G (or 30G or 100G, whatever i want) be
created in the openstack server, and the whole image copied?  Is there any
other way, or is there a fix for this?  Can we not specify the image size
and the image not be created, but /dev/sdx be created during boot time?

Thanks
Ravi