[openstack-dev] [summit] Youtube stream from Design Summit?

Liz Blanchard lsurette at redhat.com
Fri Nov 1 18:45:45 UTC 2013

On Nov 1, 2013, at 1:42 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org> wrote:

> On 11/01/2013 05:33 AM, Jaromir Coufal wrote:
>> I was wondering, since there is a lot of people who cannot attend Design
>> Sessions, if we can help them to be present at least in some way.
>
> We tried in the past to setup systems to enable remote participation in
> a generic way (give a URL per each session and hope somebody joins it
> from remote) but never had enough return to justify the effort put in
> the production.
>
> I'd be interested to learn about your experiments: are you thinking of
> some specific set of people that you need to get involved remotely or
> you just want to provide the remote URL for anybody that wants to join?

I won't be able to attend the HK summit, but I'm going to be trying to follow along with the etherpads for the Horizon sessions. Jarda and I were chatting about how I could be more involved via Google Hangout for some of the UX design discussions we are looking to have. It could be just me that wants to attend remotely, though :) Maybe more people would be more interested in this now that the summits have grown larger and have gone global?

Thanks for any thoughts on what may or may not work in this space,
Liz