[openstack-dev] [Solum] Some initial code copying for db/migration (was: Stackforge Repo Ready)

Clayton Coleman ccoleman at redhat.com
Fri Nov 1 15:14:52 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Noorul Islam K M <noorul at noorul.com> writes:
>
> > Adrian Otto <adrian.otto at rackspace.com> writes:
> >
> >> Team,
> >>
> >> Our StackForge code repo is open, so you may begin submitting code for
> >> review. For those new to the process, I made a will page with links to
> >> the repo and information about how to contribute:
> >>
> >> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Solum/Contributing
> >>

> > 1. .gitreview file is missing, so I submitted a patch
> >
> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/54877

Once all the gitreview stuff is cleaned up I was going to do some purely mechanical additions.

I heard a few +1 for sqlalchemy with the standard OpenStack abstraction:

solum/db/api.py
  manager abstraction for db calls
solum/db/sqlalchemy/api.py
  sqlalchemy implementation

I was also going to throw in migrate as a dependency and put in the glue code for that based on common use from ironic/trove/heat.  That'll pull in a few openstack common and config settings.  Finally, was going to add a solum-dbsync command a la the aforementioned projects.  No schema will be added.

Objections?