[openstack-dev] [Heat] Locking and ZooKeeper - a space oddysey

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Nov 1 11:47:39 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31 2013, Monty Taylor wrote:

> Sigh.
>
> Yay!!!! We've added more competing methods of complexity!!!
>
> Seriously. We now think that rabbit and zookeeper and mysql are ALL needed?

Yes, if you got synchronization problem that Paxos can resolve,
leveraging ZooKeeper is a good idea IMHO.
Depending _always_ on ZooKeeper is maybe not the best call, that's why
I've got on my mind to propose a library in Oslo providing several
drivers solving this synchronization issue. Where one of the driver
could be ZK based.

As for MySQL, let be reassured, it's not needed, you can use PostgreSQL.
;-)

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker # independent consultant