[openstack-dev] [Nova]Ideas of idempotentcy-client-token

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Fri Nov 1 10:52:32 UTC 2013

On 30 October 2013 01:51, haruka tanizawa <harubelle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John!
>
> Thank you for your reply:)
> Sorry for inline comment.
>

>> We also need something that doesn't clash with the cross-service
>> request id, as that is doing something slightly different. Would
>> "idempotent-request-id" work better?
>
> Oh, yes.
> Did you say about this BP(
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/cross-service-request-id )?
> (I am going to go that HK session.)
> So, I will user your opinion, and I try to go forward.
>

>> Also, I assume we are only adding this into the v3 API? We should
>> close the v2 API for additions I guess?
>
> Now I only adapt into v2 API, so it is aloso necessary to cope with the v3
> API.
> Did I answer your question?
We certainly need to add it into the v3 API, all new features must go there.

However, to ensure the v3 API gets released in Icehouse, I would love
to close the v2 API for changes, but perhaps I am being too harsh, and
we should certainly only do that after the point where we promise not
to back backwards in-compatible changes in the v3 API.

John