[openstack-dev] [barbican] Havana M1 Release

Paul Kehrer paul.kehrer at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri May 31 16:33:23 UTC 2013

The client library is now available in PyPI.

-Paul

On May 30, 2013, at 2:50 PM, Jarret Raim <jarret.raim at RACKSPACE.COM<mailto:jarret.raim at RACKSPACE.COM>> wrote:

All,

The Barbican project (Key Management) has uploaded our M1 release for Havana. This is our first release and is aimed at getting feedback from the community on the API and any other aspects of the project. The current release supports two resources:

  *   /secrets – Support CRUD for the various secrets.
  *   /orders – Allows the user to request that barbican create a secret on behalf of the user

We have also created the first version of a library to access the API which can be found here (https://github.com/cloudkeep/python-barbicanclient) and should be available in PyPI in the next day or two. We have also stood up an integration environment for anyone that wants to try out the API or library. If you are interested in access to that environment,  let us know and we'll get you an account in our keystone or you are always welcome to set up your own.

This is our first release and I'm sure we didn't get everything right on Launchpad so if you see anything out of place, let me know and we'll get it fixed.

Our launchpad site: https://launchpad.net/cloudkeep

Our github site: https://github.com/cloudkeep/barbican

Jarret Raim
Rackspace Hosting