[openstack-dev] *How* to keep up with code reviews

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Fri May 31 15:57:16 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM, David Ripton <dripton at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/30/2013 04:23 AM, Dolph Mathews wrote:
>
>     $ next-review
>> https://review.openstack.org/**29429 <https://review.openstack.org/29429>Make nova.virt.fake.FakeDriver
>> useable in integration testing
>>
>> This change was selected from all my watched projects in gerrit and
>> next-review automatically opens the review in my browser.
>>

> Thanks for next-review.  This is really useful.  I've been guilty of
> reviewing newer patches rather than older ones just because that's what I
> see first in Gerrit, and that's not very nice to patches who've been
> waiting patiently.

Glad to hear it! I know we've all been guilty of the same at least once.

> BTW you do need to setup watched projects in your Gerrit preferences to
> use it.  The default is to review nothing, rather than to review everything.

That's correct; however, you can now also specify one or more projects to
review, rather than letting it default to your watched projects in gerrit,
e.g.:

  $ next-review openstack/oslo openstack-dev/pbr

(thanks to Russell Bryant for this!)