[openstack-dev] TC membership evolution, take 2

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri May 31 14:08:23 UTC 2013

Mark Washenberger wrote:
> Thierry, do you think we could possibly work with the maintainers of the
> voting/poll site to run a normal, non-proportional vote (if we chose a
> flat 11 election), but to save the data and let us view what the results
> would be if we did a proportional vote?

Just looked into it... For the next election(s) we could require
"detailed results" to be available, which lets anyone download ballots
(see
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_db67df60654f6c8e
for an example of one election where that was enabled).

Then anyone should be able to set up a local CIVS instance and test the
"proportional" results by uploading the same ballots to a modified election.

--
Thierry