[openstack-dev] [Keystone] API version in endpoint (especially for Swift)

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri May 31 09:59:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

We, Ceilometer, are having some trouble with API endpoint and version.
It has already been stated that endpoint shouldn't include API version
in the URL, so we are fixing that and documentation on a case by case
basis, since many users are doing this mistake.

I'd like to have some opinions on Swift URL endpoints. I know there's no
"admin" API in Swift, but Ceilometer needs to know the canonical address
of the Swift server to build its own URL for accounts and request
statistics.
Also, if one wants to for example use the /healthcheck URL, it makes
sense to me that the adminURL just provides the scheme://hostname:port
only and let the application build its own URL.

OTOH, this commit changed the adminURL to something totally wrong IMHO
in the documentation:

  https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/commit/08cf112c6a90e066880ee371161b01e31237bb6c

Chmouel suggested to even put the same thing in adminURL as in publicURL
or privateURL.

Now I'm lost and I'd like to have an opinion. Sure, we can build some
code that work for all cases, but I'd like to know what it should be and
what should be written in the documetation that users will follow.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker # freelance consultant