[openstack-dev] incubating diskimage-builder?

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri May 31 09:22:42 UTC 2013

On 05/30/2013 05:42 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-05-30 at 10:55 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>>
>>> This process of trying to find somewhere to shoehorn d-i-b feels wrong
>>> to me. If it belongs in OpenStack now, it coming in as a new standalone
>>> thing shouldn't be a problem. Applying for incubation would make TC
>>> members give you properly considered feedback.
>>
>> I think we could first have an open discussion at the next TC meeting
>> (Tuesday) to see where we think this best belongs. No need to formally
>> apply for incubation if we decide it belongs outside OpenStack
>> integrated release.
>
> And to be clear - even if (and I'm not taking a position either way yet)
> we said that d-i-b doesn't belong in the integrated release now, it
> doesn't mean it never will.

Last time we talked about this, it felt like, as we're thinking of oslo
as a program right now, tripleo itself seems like another program.
Interestingly enough, it _also_ has an incubator repo, and then spawns
mulitple special-purpose things.

So I think the question I'd pose is perhaps not about dib specifically
(although that's a great potential topic of conversation) but about
tripleo more broadly. We're looking towards elements of it to enable
better multi-node testing, bare metal testing and one of the facets of
refstack... and various pieces of the tools are winding up being used by
various of our projects.

Should we then, as the TC, have a chat about whether or not we want to
bring in tripleo as a program like oslo?

Monty