[openstack-dev] *How* to keep up with code reviews

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri May 31 07:17:50 UTC 2013

On 05/30/2013 05:42 PM, Joe Gordon wrote:

> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com
> <mailto:dolph.mathews at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 5:10 AM, Thierry Carrez
>     <thierry at openstack.org <mailto:thierry at openstack.org>> wrote:
>
>         Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>         > Have you seen reviewday?
>         >
>         >   http://status.openstack.org/reviews/#keystone
>
>         Both tools have their merits (which could probably be merged
>         into the
>         one good solution):
>
>         reviewday gives priority to important features or critical bugs, and
>         presents a list. It's a bit heavy (due to querying LP for
>         priority) so
>         it's refreshed periodically.
>
>         next-review tries to skip reviews that have been -1ed (to
>         present you
>         the "next review to consider") and gives priority to old
>         reviews. Its
>         advice is based on fresh data.
>

>     It's also personalized to what projects you're watching, what
>     reviews you've already covered, what reviews you've commented on and
>     generally tries to filter out as much noise as possible to put you
>     in front of a single review that would benefit from your immediate
>     attention.
>

> While I like the web interface of reviewday which allows me to see the
> overall picture of what is ready for review, I like the personalized of
> next-review telling me what I have already reviewed, is it possible to
> get reviewday to be personalized the same way next-review is?
>
> On a related note, if you search for "is:open CodeReview+2 Verified+1
> -Verified-1 -CodeReview-2 is:watched" on review.openstack.org
> <http://review.openstack.org> you can see what patches have no negative
> feedback and at least one +2 already.

The latest version of Gerrit, which we'll upgrade to whenever we get
some spare time to port a few things, supports "user defined dashboards"
- which basically means you can take queries such as the above and
combine them with other things such as putting multiple different
groupings on the same page. So it should be fairly easy to have a set of
canned queries and reports.

It's not live for us yet because, well, porting Java patches. Yay!