[openstack-dev] *How* to keep up with code reviews

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 21:42:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 5:10 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>wrote:
>
>> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>> > Have you seen reviewday?
>> >
>> >   http://status.openstack.org/reviews/#keystone
>>
>> Both tools have their merits (which could probably be merged into the
>> one good solution):
>>
>> reviewday gives priority to important features or critical bugs, and
>> presents a list. It's a bit heavy (due to querying LP for priority) so
>> it's refreshed periodically.
>>
>> next-review tries to skip reviews that have been -1ed (to present you
>> the "next review to consider") and gives priority to old reviews. Its
>> advice is based on fresh data.
>>

> It's also personalized to what projects you're watching, what reviews
> you've already covered, what reviews you've commented on and generally
> tries to filter out as much noise as possible to put you in front of a
> single review that would benefit from your immediate attention.

While I like the web interface of reviewday which allows me to see the
overall picture of what is ready for review, I like the personalized of
next-review telling me what I have already reviewed, is it possible to get
reviewday to be personalized the same way next-review is?

On a related note, if you search for "is:open CodeReview+2 Verified+1
-Verified-1 -CodeReview-2 is:watched" on review.openstack.org you can see
what patches have no negative feedback and at least one +2 already.