[openstack-dev] [networking] OVS+VXLAN patch and ML2

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Thu May 30 16:29:57 UTC 2013

I've addressed all the comments for the OVS+VXLAN[1] patch, and I've been working through how this will integrate with Bob's ML2 framework when the OVS agent runs in the ML2 context. Per Bob, I have some additional changes on top of this patch which add a "tunnel_type" into the RPC messages exchanged between the server and the agent. For the context of this patch, I'd like to essentially make it so running the OVS plugin is an either/or with regards to GRE and VXLAN. For ML2, this will be different. But my changes will allow for that in the context of ML2.

If people are ok with this, I'll push the latest version of this patch with the thought that it may make it into H1 yet since the other concerns are addressed.

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/30319/