[openstack-dev] TC membership evolution, take 2

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Thu May 30 16:26:04 UTC 2013

I'm leaning toward a flat election, too. I did want to think through the
category proposal more completely, though.

Twelve is already such a big group, and as Anne points out there aren't
categories for the PaaS-layer projects. Would they each need a separate
category, or would "PaaS" be the category? If the latter, why not combine
the "IaaS" projects in a similar way?

I think we'll find that we have an awful lot of categories -- likely more
than projects, in the end. I'm not sure it's practical to create a seat for
each useful category of community member, and I'm not sure it's necessary.
The TC should consult with subject-matter experts as needed, and anyone in
the community should be able to bring issues to the TC for consideration.

Doug