[openstack-dev] Make Secgroup extension fully compatible with Quantum as part of V3

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Thu May 30 15:02:46 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

Currently the Nova SecGroup API extension doesn't support the Quantum egress rules (as these aren't available in the native Nova SecGroup implementation).     This can get quite confusing if there are egress rules defined in Quantum that then don't show up in Nova (I know that's partly the users problem for mixing their APIs) - so I was wondering if as part of the V2 API work we could extend the scope of the Nova SecGroup extension to include the concept of egress rules, and then return a "Not Supported" error if someone tries to create one on a system configured for Nova Networking.

What do people think, and how do ideas  like this get tagged against the V3 work (new blueprint, add to an existing one, etc)

Phil