[openstack-dev] Quantum model

Julio Carlos Barrera Juez juliocarlos.barrera at i2cat.net
Thu May 30 13:44:34 UTC 2013

Hi!

We are developing an external network controller for OpenStack. We want to
use Quantum REST Proxy Plugin [1] as proxy to send all the possible
messages via REST API to our network controller. For this purpose, we need
to provide this API in an strict way, for that reason we need a definition
of the API (an WSDL/WADL?). Anyway, we need the definition of the root
objects of Quantum model (network, port and subnet). Because the nature of
Python language, it is difficult to find it from QuantumPluginBaseV2
interface [2].

We are going to develop the network controller as an extension of OpenNaaS
project [3]. It implies we are going to use Java and a bunch of
technologies already chosen to develop the REST server. It implies that we
need an strict model definition and an strict REST API definition to be
full compatible with the proxy plugin.

Where can we found these definitions? Would we need to do reverse
engineering form Python code and JSON requests?

Thank you!!

[1] Quantum REST Proxy Plugin
http://docs.projectfloodlight.org/display/floodlightcontroller/Quantum+REST+Proxy+Plugin
[2] QuantumPluginBaseV2