[openstack-dev] Desired goal for review turnaround time

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu May 30 08:37:19 UTC 2013

Russell Bryant wrote:
> We now have some numbers we can look at for how long people are waiting
> for code reviews.  What kind of turnaround time should we be aiming for?
>
> 5 days?

I think we should aim for 4 days, but skip one day on week-ends
(consider no time passes from Saturday 12:00 UTC to Sunday 12:00 UTC,
when all timezones are in the weekend).

So something submitted on a Monday should be reviewed by Friday... But
something submitted on a Friday could be reviewed on Wednesday.

I think that's what translates desired response times the best... but
might add a bit of complexity in the script :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack