[openstack-dev] *How* to keep up with code reviews

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Thu May 30 08:23:07 UTC 2013

Following Russell Bryant's quest to analyze our review-related performance
[1], I started wondering how we can go about improving those numbers.
Specifically, how can we reduce the average wait time for feedback on a
change?

The simple answer: provide a better way to put reviewers in front of
changes worth reviewing. So, how about:

  $ next-review
  https://review.openstack.org/29429 Make nova.virt.fake.FakeDriver useable
in integration testing

This change was selected from all my watched projects in gerrit and
next-review automatically opens the review in my browser.

To get started:

  $ pip install next-review

The logic for selecting an ideal review has a lot room for improvement
(e.g. based on bug priority, blueprint priority, pending feature freezes,
etc). I also guarantee that you'll find a way to make it crash, so
contributions welcome [3].

[1]: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-May/009577.html
[2]: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/next-review/
[3]: https://github.com/dolph/next-review