[openstack-dev] [Quantum][LBaaS] Specify optional Attribute in RESOURCE_ATTRIBUTE_MAP

Pattabi Ayyasami pattabi at Brocade.com
Wed May 29 17:52:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

How do I specify an attribute as optional without having to specify a default value?
For example, how do I specify "delay" attribute is optional in the request without having to specify a default value of "5"?
Is this because I also have a "validate" constraint?

Snippet from loadbalancer.py in quantum/extensions.

'delay': {'allow_post': True, 'allow_put': True,
                  'default': '5',
                  'validate': {'type:range': [1, 120]},
                  'convert_to': attr.convert_to_int,
                  'is_visible': True}