[openstack-dev] Desired goal for review turnaround time

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Wed May 29 15:28:06 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-29 at 10:39 -0400, Russell Bryant wrote:
> We now have some numbers we can look at for how long people are waiting
> for code reviews.  What kind of turnaround time should we be aiming for?
>
> 5 days?

That seems like a good starting point to me.  It would also be
interesting to collect information on reviewer behavior.  For instance,
I will have a lot of reviews on one day roughly every two weeks, then
continue re-reviewing those changes until they go in, and occasionally
pick up other reviews throughout the period between spurts.  I suspect
other reviewers have very different behavior…

> The current data is below for reference.  Note that the numbers are a
> good bit different than what I posted yesterday.  The numbers yesterday
> included stable branch commits.  The script no longer includes those by
> default (thanks to cyeoh for pointing this out).

How about the python-*client projects?
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>