[openstack-dev] [Metrics] Keeping up with review requests

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Wed May 29 07:06:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> One question I ask myself regularly is, "are we keeping up with review
> requests?"

I could really use some data to help answer this question.  To start
> with, I'd like to see:
>
> For the projects under a given review team (such as nova and
> python-novaclient for the nova-core team)
>
>  - How many open reviews are open?
>
>    - Of the open reviews, how many are waiting for reviewer feedback?
>       - (a change with no -1 or -2 votes)
>       - of these, what's the average wait time?
>       - which top (5?) have been waiting the longest, and for how long?

One issue is that with a fast moving project like Nova and non trivial
changeset I've found that after about
a week even without any reviews there's a good chance that your change
needs a rebase/merge of some kind.
So a changeset that looks like it may have only been waiting for say 5-7
days for review may have been
waiting quite a bit longer.

Has anyone written anything to measure something like this?

> I'm also interested in feedback on the specific numbers to collect.

I'm curious as to what you and others think what turnaround time for review
of a changeset we should be aiming for?

Chris