[openstack-dev] For those using Quantum with devstack

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue May 28 21:25:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 18:07 +0100, Mate Lakat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What do you think about these:
>
> devstack:
> https://review.openstack.org/30723

I'm not sure this is correct - we'd be interpreting depedency_links.txt
differently from how other tools would interpret, I think

> quantum:
> https://review.openstack.org/30745

Very close, but the issue is that it creates a broken dependency_links
file - i.e. we can have egg_info=oslo.config-1.2.0a2 but not
egg_info=oslo.config==1.2.0a2

> At the moment the quantum patch failed on gate, because all the rootwrap
> commands are complaining:
>
> UserWarning: Module oslo was already imported from None, but
> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo.config-1.2.0a2-py2.7.egg is
> being added to sys.path
>
> It seems, oslo.config conflicts with oslo? I am a bit lost.

I'm not sure what that's about ... maybe collateral damage from
easy_install installing oslo.config instead of pip?

I've gone ahead and proposed an interim revert of this stuff so we can
cut havana-1:

  https://review.openstack.org/30794

Thanks,
Mark.