[openstack-dev] [nova] policy names for API extensions

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Tue May 28 18:10:52 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-05-24 at 13:59 +0930, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> What I'd like to do for only the V3 API is to change the convention so
> the name used for an extension's policy to be the same as the alias
> definition. This would make things more difficult for a
> Grizzly->Havana upgrade, but long term I think its worth it.

One comment I have is that we have a few V2 extensions that have
multiple authorizors; generally, they have one interface accessible to
the general user and one that should be restricted to administrative
access.  I think they generally use ':' to append a differentiator, but
I wanted to point this out, since any policy naming scheme needs to take
this use into account…
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>