[openstack-dev] [Metrics] Keeping up with review requests

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue May 28 14:30:53 UTC 2013

On 05/28/2013 09:12 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> One question I ask myself regularly is, "are we keeping up with review
> requests?"

To expand on why this is important to me ...

We currently have over 150 review requests for the master branch of
nova.  I have also been pinged 5 times this morning from people asking
for attention on their review request.  :-)  This makes me feel behind,
but that may not really be the case.  If everything has been recently
updated, it's just an incredibly active project.  If a large number of
them have been waiting a long time, we're behind.  It's important to
know what the real status is.

If we're behind, that means I need to look into the participation level
of our review team, and potentially consider expanding the team.

I suspect this same sort of thing applies across all projects.

--
Russell Bryant