[openstack-dev] [Metrics] Keeping up with review requests

Daniel Izquierdo dizquierdo at bitergia.com
Tue May 28 13:40:44 UTC 2013

On 05/28/2013 03:12 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> One question I ask myself regularly is, "are we keeping up with review
> requests?"
>
> I could really use some data to help answer this question.  To start
> with, I'd like to see:
>
> For the projects under a given review team (such as nova and
> python-novaclient for the nova-core team)
>
>   - How many open reviews are open?
>
>     - Of the open reviews, how many are waiting for reviewer feedback?
>        - (a change with no -1 or -2 votes)
>        - of these, what's the average wait time?
>        - which top (5?) have been waiting the longest, and for how long?
>
>     - Of the open reviews, how many are waiting for updates from the
> submitter?
>        - (a change with -1 or -2 votes present)
>        - of these, what's the average wait time?
>
> Has anyone written anything to measure something like this?
Hi Russel,

We've got the data from OpenStack Gerrit but not started playing with
that so far. I would say that this is a good starting point.

Let us have a look at it, so we can provide some insights about the dataset.

> I'm also interested in feedback on the specific numbers to collect.

Please, any other idea is more than welcome, in any case we'll try to
come back with potential metrics of interest for you.

In addition, feel free to ask anything with this respect. So far, we're
using the OpenStack community project in Launchpad [1] and Stefano is
assigning some of them directly to me [2] (or some other Bitergia's
guys). So feel free -again- to do that by yourself or even create a
wishlist or go through Stefano for this purpose.

Probably a good engineering-oriented dashboard could be of some help for
you :).

Regards,
Daniel.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-community