[openstack-dev] [nova] Reviews for APIv3 changesets

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Sun May 26 00:45:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

Just asking for reviews for the API V3 work we have targeted for
H1.

http://goo.gl/5kChi

Now I realise that some of the changesets look very big. But because
much of patch is a port, copying the file from V2 and then adapting for
V3, in practice the changes are fairly minimal even though Gerrit shows
it as a lot of new code.

Perhaps the easiest way to compare what has changed is to checkout the
changeset and manually diff the ported extension. For example, the port
of servers.py in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/28298/ shows 1532 new
lines for servers.py, but the diff between the v2 and v3 versions of
servers.py is only 198 insertions, 80 deletions which is much more
manageable.

There's a similar issue with the tests for v2 and v3 and APIs. We're
copying the tests as the API will be diverging so we get an entirely
new file, but in most cases the actually change is very small (mostly
renaming paths from v2 to v3).

Anyway I hope this email encourages people to try to to review the
proposed changes :-)

Thanks!

Chris