[openstack-dev] [State-Management] Meeting minutes.

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu May 23 17:57:13 UTC 2013

Sounds like a plan :-)

I think figuring out what the existing and the changed workflow is most
(if not all) of the battle.

Reworking code that doesn't have a strong concept of workflows into
something that does will likely always be messy :)

If we code up everything in one task that seems to just get us back to
unstructured workflows, where now 1 big task is doing everything (which is
similar to what we have in the current code-base). That’s why I (and I
think others) think the structure is needed and appropriate since I think
it helps if you think of actions as tasks and split up your code that way.
This also helps in testing since you can test a individual task, helps in
reviewing said task, altering said task... Yes it may not be easier than
throwing everything in 1 function and declaring victory but hopefully the
benefits out-way the initially restructuring drawbacks. The undo-manager
and the taskflow stuff are similar imho, I would consider the taskflow
stuff to be the next evolution of the undo-manager in a way.

FYI tests are being done!

Java-styleness I am trying to rid myself of, haha. Although I'm not so
sure what that means, any inputs/changes would be great :-)