[openstack-dev] For those using Quantum with devstack

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Thu May 23 02:19:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
>> So should devstack be doing this? And even if it did, I think this
>> will break the way Robert is deploying. I think this change may
>> need some more thought it appears.
>
> I believe that is because Quantum still only lists 1.1.0 as a
> dependency: the gate uses trunk rather than the pip installed
> dependencies, which means the gate couldn't detect this (assuming
> 1.1.1 does fix it).
>
> FWIW we don't deploy via devstack, but the process is fairly similar:
> grab trunk, install it with deps from pypi + packages for openvswitch
> etc, then go : so while there weren't tests to trigger it, my concern
> is that the gate setup wouldn't detect the problem *even with tests*,
> because the problem is a requirement file that isn't being honoured
> due to the gate setup.

I double checked this by reading the devstack-gate logs and checking
the projects list at [1]. And as far as I can tell oslo.config is
installed as a normal dependency with pip from pypi (or our mirror).
oslo.config would need to be in that projects list for it to be
installed from source in the gate. So not quite trunk, but it isn't
1.1.0 either as 1.1.1 is available and pip prefers to use that
version.

[1] https://github.com/openstack-infra/devstack-gate/blob/master/devstack-vm-gate-wrap.sh#L22

Clark