[openstack-dev] [Heat] Running latest Heat against older OpenStacks

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at redhat.com
Wed May 22 23:35:35 UTC 2013

On 22/05/13 19:06 +0000, Gabriel Hurley wrote:
>A very quick note that this dovetails with the version discovery work I'm driving currently. Heat should use clients which know how to talk to many versions OpenStack and can differentiate on their own. When we get to capability discovery as well then Heat can even be aware of what is supported and what is not across its own engine.

I think that will solve quite a few of the issues, but there are
still:
1) issues talking to public clouds.  We are collecting some info here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Heat/on-public-clouds

2) A single installation of Heat which can deploy to multiple clouds (private and public)

(I think these two issues are Heat specific)

-Angus