[openstack-dev] Customised Quantum installation

Alvise Dorigo alvise.dorigo at pd.infn.it
Wed May 22 20:52:13 UTC 2013

> The scripts were added to Fedora to try and help with a simple
> installation and to be used an an example on how it is done. There are
> a number of things that you can do:
> 1. you can edit the configuration files manually
> 2. you can patch the quantum-server-setup script to not erase the
> database.

Yes, I've done it. I've patched quantum-server-setup to accept an option
(--mysql-host); and I've used it fruitfully. Thanks.

> Hopefully there will be packstack support for quantum soon. This will
> make life a little easier

by "hopefully" do you mean that it is work in progress and will be
available in the next release ? Is there a time schedule (next month,
after summer, at the end of the year) ?

Will the packstack quantum-enabled have the same level of customisation
of the current one ? I mean the possibility to fully distribute all the
openstack services across  different physical hosts (even the extreme
case of 1 service per host) ?

regards,

  Alvise