[openstack-dev] [OpenStack] [Glance] Reuse the image id when recreate an image in Glance which had been deleted

Belmiro Moreira moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 22 20:34:54 UTC 2013

Hi Flavio,
my use case is simple… keep track of what happened in our cloud because
in the future maybe I will need to know more information about the image that
some VM used and meanwhile was deleted by the user.

I agree that after some time this information can be moved to shadow tables, or even
deleted but in my opinion should be optional…

> The
> question we're asking ourselves right now is whether it is correct and
> useful to keep all that information in the database.

Also, I think we should ask,
what we really gain removing this information from the database?

cheers,
Belmiro