[openstack-dev] [Swift] Isilon support feedback

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Wed May 22 18:26:13 UTC 2013

There is currently work going on (spearheaded by Red Hat) to make the parts of Swift that talk to storage volumes a little cleaner and more abstracted. This is benefiting Swift in general by allowing us to develop FS-specific interfaces (eg something optimized for XFS over a general POSIX FS) and benefiting Red Hat in particular by allowing them to easily integrate Swift and GlusterFS.

If you'd like to discuss this, I'd suggest joining IRC in #openstack-swift, and we can see how the current work works with what you are suggesting.

--John