[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] testr and sqlalchemy ...

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at redhat.com
Wed May 22 11:02:30 UTC 2013

On 21/05/13 23:50 -0300, Sandy Walsh wrote:
>Howdy ....
>
>Given the timezone changes on this project I thought I'd send this to
>the list in hopes someone will see it overnight.
>
>I was close to getting my branch landed when a rebase brought the testr
>changes in ... https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29047/
>
>Now, my tests are failing in an odd way (and they used to pass).
>
>The errors are all of this form:
>http://paste.openstack.org/show/37560/
>
>I've investigated and it seemed to be related to sqlalchemy and eventlet:
>
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9525220/sqlalchemy-raises-none-causes-typeerror
>

>and I thought that perhaps the testr patch is doing something funky with
>eventlet that isn't making sqlalchemy happy.
>
>But when I apply the 'raise e' patch as suggested, it shows the
>underlying issue as being:
>http://paste.openstack.org/show/37563/
>
>Which might suggest the migrations aren't being set up correctly?
>(odd as the other sqlalchemy tests are passing)
>
>I'm sort of stumped here ... suggestions?

Hi Sandy,

I ran tox and testr run ~ 50 times on my laptop (with your patch).
There was no issue with tox but for some reason I got some
errors using testr run (I don't think they are related to
what you are seeing).

https://review.openstack.org/30077
https://review.openstack.org/30078

Are you using tox or "testr run" directly?
If you are using "testr run" try

testr run --concurrency=1

-Angus