[openstack-dev] [OpenStack] [Glance] Reuse the image id when recreate an image in Glance which had been deleted

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed May 22 07:45:56 UTC 2013

On 22/05/13 00:13 +0200, Belmiro Moreira wrote:
>Hi Iccha,
>yes… but information like "created_at", "deleted_at" will not be in the instances.
>Using notifications is a good idea but in that case we need to use something like stacky.
>
>Of course we can go through the logs the get this information… but having this info in the DB is so handy.
>
>Maybe I'm completely wrong but I don't see any inconvenient in keeping deleted images in the DB (even if in shadow tables like nova).

I'm still interested in a more detailed use case for this. The
question we're asking ourselves right now is whether it is correct and
useful to keep all that information in the database. I mean, are you
using it for security issues? Image log? How big is the time frame you
usually lookup? Do you ever clean that table?

All that can be either tracked with notifications and logs so, I'm not
sure the fact of it being handy is enough as a use case.

Thanks for your comments
FF

--
{ name: "Flavio Percoco",