[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] testr and sqlalchemy ...

Clark Boylan clark.boylan at gmail.com
Wed May 22 03:43:13 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Clark Boylan <clark.boylan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Sandy Walsh <sandy.walsh at rackspace.com> wrote:
>> I was close to getting my branch landed when a rebase brought the testr
>> changes in ... https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29047/
>>
>> Now, my tests are failing in an odd way (and they used to pass).
>>
> snip
>> But when I apply the 'raise e' patch as suggested, it shows the
>> underlying issue as being:
>> http://paste.openstack.org/show/37563/
>>
>> Which might suggest the migrations aren't being set up correctly?
>> (odd as the other sqlalchemy tests are passing)
>>
>> I'm sort of stumped here ... suggestions?
>>
>> -S
>>
>> My branch, if you care to try for yourself ...
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29112/11
>>
> According to Jenkins' comment on this change the unittests ran
> successfully. And the test called out in paste 37563 runs successfully
> according to the subunit log. Where/How are the tests being run when
> they fail?

I suppose it is also worth mentioning that testr may run tests in
different orders (and different processes if the tests are run in
parallel but ceilometer does not appear to do that yet). It may help
others debug if you share a copy of your subunit log. Would be located
at .testrepository/X where X is the test ID reported by testr at the
end of testing. And finally you can run testr's test bisection tool to
try and track down potential inter test conflicts by running `testr
run --analyze-isolation` after a failed test run (testr uses the
subunit log of the previous test run to determine what order tests
were run in when they failed).

Clark