[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] testr and sqlalchemy ...

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at rackspace.com
Wed May 22 02:50:50 UTC 2013

Howdy ....

Given the timezone changes on this project I thought I'd send this to
the list in hopes someone will see it overnight.

I was close to getting my branch landed when a rebase brought the testr
changes in ... https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29047/

Now, my tests are failing in an odd way (and they used to pass).

The errors are all of this form:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/37560/

I've investigated and it seemed to be related to sqlalchemy and eventlet:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9525220/sqlalchemy-raises-none-causes-typeerror

and I thought that perhaps the testr patch is doing something funky with
eventlet that isn't making sqlalchemy happy.

But when I apply the 'raise e' patch as suggested, it shows the
underlying issue as being:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/37563/

Which might suggest the migrations aren't being set up correctly?
(odd as the other sqlalchemy tests are passing)

I'm sort of stumped here ... suggestions?

-S

My branch, if you care to try for yourself ...
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29112/11