[openstack-dev] MAC address injection

Alvise Dorigo alvise.dorigo at pd.infn.it
Tue May 21 10:09:24 UTC 2013

On May 16, 2013, at 3:22 PM, Jan van Eldik wrote:

> Hi Alvise,
>
> Have a look at RDO http://openstack.redhat.com/Main_Page
>
> We use the RPMs from the RDO repo on SLC.

hi Jan,
I've successfully installed openstack using the packstack tool provided by RDO. Even if Quantum is provided by RDO's distro, packstack seems not yes enabled to install/configure it. In fact, in the question list the packstack asked me during the preliminary configuration of installation, I didn't see anything related to network that wasn't nova-network.

I presume that the automatic installation/configuration of quantum is not yet ready in packstack, and I've to setup quantum by hand. I found this: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packstack_to_Quantum

But I think that I should avoid the installation of nova-network during the packstack interactive configuration. Have someone tried this ?

many thanks,

 Alvise]