[openstack-dev] Horizon isn't working for me after the D3 change went in on Fedora

Tihomir Trifonov t.trifonov at gmail.com
Tue May 21 05:59:54 UTC 2013

Hi Kyle,

you probably need to run:

./manage.py collectstatic

from the Horizon dir. It seems the javascript files are raising an error
and you cannot use scripts there. If this is the case - check the browser
log for errors - then the statement above will fix this.

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 6:00 AM, Kyle Mestery (kmestery) <kmestery at cisco.com
> wrote:

> With the commit below, Horizon no longer works for me on Fedora 18. I'm
> running with devstack, so I suspect it may not be pulling in some
> dependency or some such thing. Is anyone aware of this issue on the horizon
> team? If I go back to right before this commit, Horizon works ok for me
> again. What I mean by not working is that most of the forms seem to not
> work, tenant_switcher isn't working, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Kyle
>
> commit ccb11b7099b66554c19fee09dc8e9ca8d10e1b33
> Author: Bradley Jones <jones.bradley at me.com>
> Date:   Mon May 6 16:53:11 2013 -0700
>
>     Adds d3.js library and reworked quota infographics
>
>     The d3.js library is now added and the quota infographics
>     have been redone to use d3.
>
>     Added a reusable animated d3 pie chart that is now used to
>     display the quota infographics.
>
>     Reworked the progress bars (horizon.quota.js) so that project
>     quotas when creating a new Instance / Volume display a progress bar
>     in D3. Also changed progress bar for adding a floating ip so that
>     it shows that 1 will be used up on create just like adding a new
> volume.
>
>     Change-Id: I2930c3c80736e50d3f38c001aac1918e1932be5e
>     Implements: blueprint d3

Regards,
Tihomir Trifonov