[openstack-dev] [Quantum] Adding --endpoint-type option to python-quantumclient

Baldwin, Carl (HPCS Quantum) carl.baldwin at hp.com
Mon May 20 17:22:29 UTC 2013

Greetings,

The python-quantumclient has an affinity for choosing adminURL from the
keystone catalog for its endpoint.  It is missing an option to override
it.  Adding this option is an important change for us as our service does
not publish adminURL in the catalog to users without an admin role.

I have proposed a change to address
https://code.launchpad.net/bugs/1176197 which meets our needs and I
believe will be very helpful to many.  It adds the --endpoint-type option
patterned after the same option in the nova client code.

The change has been in review for a about a week now and I've turned
around a couple of updates to the patch as minor comments have come in.
However, progress has slowed.  Will you take a look at it for me?

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/29157/

Cheers,
Carl Baldwin

PS  This change has been flagged as holding up a fix for a bug in quantum
by Oleg Bondarev.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bug/1176227