[openstack-dev] A few questions on using COE puppet/cobbler...

Paul Michali pcm at cisco.com
Mon May 20 15:00:47 UTC 2013

Another update (see #PCM) and fixed mailing list for firsttouch.

PCM (Paul Michali)

Contact info for Cisco users http://twiki.cisco.com/Main/pcm

On May 20, 2013, at 10:54 AM, Paul Michali wrote:

> Update inline @PCM
>
> On May 20, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Paul Michali wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> We're trying to setup multiple build servers (in VMs) in the lab, so that we can automatically provision different types of hardware (have HP Pro Liant, Eclipse, and now UCS boxes). With the current setup we have an operational build server that provisions the HP Pro Liants with either COE or Devstack. Works well.  Here are the questions, related to the second build server VM that we are setting up (and later will do a third for the Eclipse boxes):
>>
>> With this build server, I ran puppet apply and am getting this error:
>>
>> err: /Stage[main]//Node[master-node]/Exec[pip-cache]/returns: change from notrun to 0 failed: /usr/bin/env http_proxy=http://proxy-wsa.esl.cisco.com:80 https_proxy=http://proxy-wsa.esl.cisco.com:80 /usr/local/bin/pip2pi /var/www/packages collectd xenapi django-tagging graphite-web carbon whisper returned 1 instead of one of [0] at /etc/puppet/manifests/core.pp:421
>>
>> It appears to be a proxy issue, but I'm not sure what is wrong as this build server has the same thing as the other (working build server).  The site.pp has:
>>
>> $proxy                  = "http://proxy-wsa.esl.cisco.com:80"
>> $location               = "http://128.107.252.163/openstack/cisco"
>>
>> The /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cisco-openstack-mirror_folsom has:
>>
>> # cisco-openstack-mirror_folsom
>> deb http://128.107.252.163/openstack/cisco folsom main
>> deb-src http://128.107.252.163/openstack/cisco folsom main
>>
>> This command fails with a timeout, when run manually as well.
>>
>> Q: Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong on the proxy setup here?
>
> @PCM I tried manually installing again, only skipping collectd and the other packages all installed. Any idea why collectd is not installing (and how to install it - or can I ignore it)?

#PCM I can do "pip install collectd". Is there a way to use that to help with "pip2pi /var/www/packages collectd"?

Would be interested in feed back on the other questions below too…

Thanks!

PCM