[openstack-dev] [State-Management] Meeting minutes.

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Fri May 17 18:07:51 UTC 2013

Great progress is one word I would choose to describe this so far :-)

Logs @ http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/state_management/2013/state_management.2013-05-16-20.00.html

TLDR:

- Went over progress of taskflow library and discussed in-progress move to stackforge (thx jlucci)
- Showed potential example of how library could be used and what it enables @ http://paste.openstack.org/show/37363/
- Discussed about some of the patterns being created (linear, graph oriented and distributed flows) that will allow users of the library to avoid recreating common flows.
- Discussed work being done (or work to be done) for hooking in a database backend, a ZK backend and so-on.
  - Interest from ipersky, changbl, jlucci on working on some of the above (thx guys/gals!)
- Agreement that we should target initial integration with cinder for H2 (H1 seems to close to be realistic).
- Large desire to be able to get other openstack projects onboard (with a similar timeline?).

Feel free to jump on #openstack-state-management if you want to ask questions or get involved :-)
Feel free to experiment with the library and give any feedback also. New use cases for other projects always welcome!

-Josh