[openstack-dev] Tempest test merging

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri May 17 17:38:57 UTC 2013

On 05/17/2013 12:13 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> On 05/17/2013 11:13 AM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
>> So, I've just seen a patch[1] that had all its +2s expire; the reason it
>> hadn't been approved is because it required a change to tempest[2], and
>> although the tempest change also had +2s, it hadn't been approved
>> either.  This makes it obvious that we need to come up with a better
>> process for managing patches which require associated patches in other
>> projects, particularly when those other projects are gated.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how this process could be improved?
>
> Uhm, hopping into #openstack-qa and requesting a +1 Approve?

+1. That's all that's needed.

We are reluctant to drop tests for a project change that doesn't have
either an approved blueprint, or a couple of +2s from core members to
know that it's actually desired. IIRC this patch when it was created had
neither.

Our core team is all hanging in #openstack-qa all the time, so if anyone
needs a drop like that, just poke there, and people are happy to oblige.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net