[openstack-dev] Tempest test merging

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri May 17 16:07:45 UTC 2013

On 05/17/2013 08:13 AM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
> So, I've just seen a patch[1] that had all its +2s expire; the reason it
> hadn't been approved is because it required a change to tempest[2], and
> although the tempest change also had +2s, it hadn't been approved
> either.  This makes it obvious that we need to come up with a better
> process for managing patches which require associated patches in other
> projects, particularly when those other projects are gated.
>
> Any suggestions on how this process could be improved?

I believe there was discussion at the summit about ways in which zuul
could be helpful about coordinating mutli-project merges. However, I
don't think that would solve the problem of process around getting
multi-process approves. (unless I'm getting the question wrong here)

If the zuul-coordinate-multi-project-depends _is_ the thing you're
looking for, it's on the list..